For the last month I thought I was having horrendous heartburn (good alliteration, huh?). Every meal I was scared to eat because within about an hour of eating, I would have horrible pain. I knew I needed to see a doctor, but Christian was right in the middle of finals and life was pretty hectic, so I kept putting it off. Then about a week an a half ago my parents and sister came to visit. I kept telling them about my heartburn and my dad brought over all sorts of antacids. After the first day, he asked if the medicine had helped. I said, "No! It hurt all night and I couldn't move because every time I did it would hurt worse!" He said, "Does it hurt when you touch it? That's not heartburn!" My mom took me to an urgent care, and after doing some blood work, the doctor suggested I go to the E.R. because I needed to have my gall bladder removed. After hours and hours in the E.R. they finally admitted me into the hospital.
After talking to several people and reading online, I made the assumption that I would quickly be out of the hospital sans gall bladder. Usually it's an in and out type of thing. I, however, don't do anything simply. I had some stones stuck in the main bile duct which backed up a whole bunch of bile into my liver and pancreas........and that caused a whole lot of problems! I had two procedures done, one to removed the stones, and one to remove the gall bladder. One of the worst parts was I had to go four days without anything to eat or drink. All I had was an IV to keep me going. After 8 days in the hospital, I finally got to go home on Mother's Day. Christian and the kids came to pick me up with a bouquet of flowers and Mother's Day cards. It was a very happy day!
So, here comes the picture:
And now for a cuter picture:
Isn't he cute? He's now 2 months old!! Time sure goes by fast.
Being in the hospital so long must have been awful! I'm glad you are home now, and hope your recovery goes well!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, that is nuts!!! I had no idea! Glad you are finally at home and doing better!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear what you went through. Glad you are back home with your little ones.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness that's crazy! So sorry you had to deal with that but glad that the surgeries went well. Your stomach looks a lot like mine did after I got my appendix out. From what I remember it hurt like crazy to laugh or cough. Hope that's not the case for you and that you have a speedy recovery!
ReplyDeleteWow! I'm sure your babies missed you and were SOOO glad to see you come on Mother's Day! Feel better!!
ReplyDeleteBut look at that stomach (beyond the sutures). You have a GREAT looking WAIST!!
ReplyDeleteI'm with Emmy, I have the half the kids you do and I wish my stomach looked like that! ~Megan
ReplyDelete